Lalu a caricature of old self: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Monday termed arch-rival Lalu Prasad as a "caricature of his
old self" and advised the RJD chief to take lessons from his
"Prasad appears to be a caricature of old self ... I
am not bothered about what he says about me," he told
reporters at the weekly `Janata Darbar` here.
Kumar was referring to the RJD leader`s behaviour at a
`Mahadharna` organised by his party at the JP Chowk here on
Saturday to protest against the NDA government`s "misrule".
He also criticised Prasad`s ire against actor Amitabh
Bachchan for praising the NDA government`s performance in
Kumar asked his political bête noire to "take lessons
from his mistakes" and charged him with abandoning socialist
leader Jaiprakash Narayan`s ideology to which he had pledged
his allegiance at the outset of his political career.
"I am happy to note that the RJD supremo has gone back
to the same leader (bust) to atone for his mistakes and revive
his sagging fortunes in public life," he said.
He also rapped Prasad for claiming a turnaround in the
revenues of the railways during his stint as the Union Railway
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP