Lalu accuses Nitish of failing to handle Maoist crisis
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday accused
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of failing to handle the
crisis arising out of the kidnapping of policemen after the
encounter with Maoists in Lakhisarai district.
"The state is insensitive and inhuman...the policemen
continue to sacrifice their lives but still there is no care
for them and their families...what will compensation do after
families lose their near and dear ones," Prasad asked.
He alleged no initiative was taken for securing release of
the hostages and appealed to the ultras to shun the path of
violence and free the captives unconditionally.
"Violence is no way to solve a problem...the Maoists must
shun it and release the hostages without any condition as they
are like their brothers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- AAP's protest march to 7 RCR: Detained Delhi Dy CM Sisodia, 52 MLAs released by police
- 'Time to focus on cyber threats to aviation sector in India'
- Alien or rock formation? UFO hunters claim extraterrestrial presence on Mars! - See pic
- Government plans new category visa to attract foreigners, boost trade
- Mann Ki Baat: Declare undisclosed income, assets voluntarily by Sept 30, it is last chance, says PM Modi