Lalu accuses Nitish of failing to handle Maoist crisis
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday accused
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of failing to handle the
crisis arising out of the kidnapping of policemen after the
encounter with Maoists in Lakhisarai district.
"The state is insensitive and inhuman...the policemen
continue to sacrifice their lives but still there is no care
for them and their families...what will compensation do after
families lose their near and dear ones," Prasad asked.
He alleged no initiative was taken for securing release of
the hostages and appealed to the ultras to shun the path of
violence and free the captives unconditionally.
"Violence is no way to solve a problem...the Maoists must
shun it and release the hostages without any condition as they
are like their brothers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre