Lalu accuses Nitish of failing to handle Maoist crisis
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday accused
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of failing to handle the
crisis arising out of the kidnapping of policemen after the
encounter with Maoists in Lakhisarai district.
"The state is insensitive and inhuman...the policemen
continue to sacrifice their lives but still there is no care
for them and their families...what will compensation do after
families lose their near and dear ones," Prasad asked.
He alleged no initiative was taken for securing release of
the hostages and appealed to the ultras to shun the path of
violence and free the captives unconditionally.
"Violence is no way to solve a problem...the Maoists must
shun it and release the hostages without any condition as they
are like their brothers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah