Lalu alleges loot taking place in Bihar
Munger: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Wednesday alleged that massive loot was taking place in implementation of the Centrally-sponsored schemes in Bihar and charged that most of development works being claimed by the NDA government stood only on papers.
"The implementation of the Centrally-sponsored schemes has fallen prey to corruption by the officialdom in collusion with their political masters... Most of development works being carried out through these schemes are merely on paper," Prasad told a public meeting during his `Parivartan yatra` in Munger district.
The MNREGA has turned out to be a `milch cow` for the corrupt officials and politicians owing allegiance to the NDA as the funds have been siphoned off without any visible assets being created as authorities have chosen to get the works done by heavy machinery instead giving work to the intended beneficiaries, Prasad claimed.
The much trumpeted claim of the state government about prevalence of a peaceful law and order situation has gone for a toss as the crime figures have escalated rapidly even as per the police records, the RJD supremo alleged.
He also charged the NDA government with suppression of facts about corruption and spate in crime as the media has been gagged and the media persons subjected to intimidation for reporting the truth about this government.
Prasad claimed the state government`s best efforts to project only good things has failed as the people have taken to streets to vent their ire against their government and the massive public protests greeting the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar during his `Adhikar yatra` was manifestation of growing sense of discontent against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!