Lalu alleges Nitish as parrot of Sangh Parivar
Banka (Bihar): Playing the minority card, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Friday questioned Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s secular credentials alleging that he was ignoring persecution of Muslim youths of the state and had become a `parrot` of the RSS and BJP.
"The chief minister is behaving like a pet parrot of the RSS and BJP by turning blind eye to the persecution of Muslim youths in the name of being terrorists by several states and their police," Prasad told a public meeting in Banka district during his `Parivartan yatra`.
"Kumar is a parrot of the RSS and BJP and has allowed the Sangh Pariwar to fan its activities much to the detriment of the minority community," Prasad
Accusing Kumar with only lodging token protest on arrest of the youths from the state, he said that the state government failed to assist aggrieved families to fight cases of their members arrested by the police of other states on alleged terror charges.
"Why did not the state government register cases against the police of other states for arresting Muslim youths from their homes in Darbhanga and Sitamarhi districts on fabricated charge of being terrorists?" the RJD supremo asked.
Prasad also said that the ongoing protests against the chief minister was a reflection of the government`s performance over the past seven years.
He claimed he would catalyse the resentment of the people against the ruling coalition to throw it out of power at the hustings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!