Lalu alleges Nitish as parrot of Sangh Parivar
Banka (Bihar): Playing the minority card, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Friday questioned Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s secular credentials alleging that he was ignoring persecution of Muslim youths of the state and had become a `parrot` of the RSS and BJP.
"The chief minister is behaving like a pet parrot of the RSS and BJP by turning blind eye to the persecution of Muslim youths in the name of being terrorists by several states and their police," Prasad told a public meeting in Banka district during his `Parivartan yatra`.
"Kumar is a parrot of the RSS and BJP and has allowed the Sangh Pariwar to fan its activities much to the detriment of the minority community," Prasad
Accusing Kumar with only lodging token protest on arrest of the youths from the state, he said that the state government failed to assist aggrieved families to fight cases of their members arrested by the police of other states on alleged terror charges.
"Why did not the state government register cases against the police of other states for arresting Muslim youths from their homes in Darbhanga and Sitamarhi districts on fabricated charge of being terrorists?" the RJD supremo asked.
Prasad also said that the ongoing protests against the chief minister was a reflection of the government`s performance over the past seven years.
He claimed he would catalyse the resentment of the people against the ruling coalition to throw it out of power at the hustings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends