Lalu appears in CBI court in another fodder scam case
Ranchi: Jailed RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, sitting JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma and former MLA RK Rana on Monday appeared through video conferencing before a special CBI court in another fodder scam case.
The three appeared in a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 97 lakh from the Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad, sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment, is scheduled to appear in the court of A K Mishra tomorrow in another case relating the fraudulent withdrawal of money from the Chaibasa Treasury.
All the three are lodged in the Birsa Munda Central Jail here after being sentenced on October three by the CBI court of Pravas Kumar Singh on September 30 in a case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa treasury during Prasad?s regime in Bihar in the 1990s.
Sharma was sentenced to four years rigorous imprisonment (RI) and Rana to five years RI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune