Lalu appears in CBI court in another fodder scam case
Ranchi: Jailed RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, sitting JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma and former MLA RK Rana on Monday appeared through video conferencing before a special CBI court in another fodder scam case.
The three appeared in a case pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 97 lakh from the Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
Prasad, sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment, is scheduled to appear in the court of A K Mishra tomorrow in another case relating the fraudulent withdrawal of money from the Chaibasa Treasury.
All the three are lodged in the Birsa Munda Central Jail here after being sentenced on October three by the CBI court of Pravas Kumar Singh on September 30 in a case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from the Chaibasa treasury during Prasad?s regime in Bihar in the 1990s.
Sharma was sentenced to four years rigorous imprisonment (RI) and Rana to five years RI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference