Lalu asks Nitish to allot residence for self as ex-CM
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday advised
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to allot an official residence for
himself in his soon-to-be status of a "former chief minister"
as he was "all set to be thrown out of power for the good of
Bihar and its people."
"Nitish has virtually descended from power and hence, I
would not like to make a jibe at him, but rather suggest to
him to allot a house for himself in his future capacity of the
ex-CM," he said at a press conference.
"Who knows? I may have a change of mind upon becoming
chief minister and may not allot a house to Nitish as desired
by him," Prasad said in his typically witty style.
"There were no friends and associates that Nitish Kumar
had not cheated," Prasad alleged looking towards former JD(U)
leaders Prabhunath Singh and Vijay Krishna, now with RJD.
"The chief minister had virtually ensured that Singh and
Krishna faced capital punishment in connection with frivolous
criminal cases against them....by the grace of god, the two
leaders have come unscathed during trial," Prasad claimed and
described his arch-rival as a "vindictive" leader.
Alleging rampant corruption during the NDA rule in Bihar,
the RJD chief said now it will be the turn of Nitish and his
associates to "face the music" in the alleged DC/AC bills scam
and added that the guilty persons will never be able to come
out of the long reach of the law.
Prasad also spoke about the NDA government`s "soft"
handling of the Naxalites menace and said that the ruling
coalition allowed the ultra-left outfits to target the urban
areas, including town and cities and spread their tentacles in
two-third of Bihar`s territories.
When a reporter said that Nitish Kumar was likely to
campaign with BJP leader L K Advani, Prasad quipped that there
was nothing new about the news as the former has been "sitting
in the laps of the communal forces for long."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal