Lalu asks Nitish to clarify stand amid Modi PM chorus
Madhepura: With BJP top leaders declaring Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi fit for Prime Minister`s post, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Monday asked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his stand on the issue.
"Several senior BJP leaders have now gone public to stamp their approval for Modi`s projection as the party`s prime ministerial candidate.
Now the onus is on Kumar to take the bait and announce his future course of action as he had promised earlier," he told reporters ahead of the public meeting during Parivartan Yatra to Madhepura district.
"Nitish must tell which ever way he will go when it has become clear that BJP is all set to project its `communal` face (Modi) as its prime ministerial candidate," Prasad said.
The RJD supremo reminded the Chief Minister of his earlier statement that BJP should announce its prime ministerial candidate ahead of the next general elections, but the saffron party has apparently surprised Kumar by virtually declaring Modi as the PM candidate too soon, and asked to respond to his earlier commitment on the issue.
Prasad also slammed the NDA government in Bihar for failure on all fronts and claimed that the people were disgusted with the them and inching to throw the ruling coalition out of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!