Lalu asks Nitish to quit as people have rejected his rule
Patna: Making a scathing attack at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for playing down the defeat in Maharajganj by-poll, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Thursday said he should quit as people had rejected his governance.
"Nitish Kumar had told the people during campaigning in Maharajganj that if they are satisfied with his governance they should vote for NDA else do not. People have rejected him by voting against JD(U) candidate showing they are not satisfied with his rule," Prasad told reporters.
Prasad was reacting to Kumar`s statement that RJD had merely retained the Maharajganj seat which was with them in the last general elections.
The RJD chief asked Kumar to quit as people had rejected his governance.
Prasad said, "Nitish landed here this morning with heavy heart due to defeat in Maharajganj and does not have an answer to this humiliating drubbing."
On Kumar questioning jubilation of RJD after victory in Maharajganj, the RJD supremo said he was turning a blind eye to the fact that things had been changing fast against him in Bihar ahead of 2014 Parliamentary elections.
RJD candidate Prabhunath Singh has defeated JD(U) P K Shahi by over 1.37 lakh votes in Maharajganj bypoll. The bypoll was necessitated due to death of RJD`s Umashankar Singh. With this the tally of RJD again goes up to four in Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH