Lalu asks ticket aspirants to ensure RJD-LJP combine`s victory
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad today exhorted
all its ticket aspirants to translate their influence among
the masses into votes for the RJD-LJP coalition`s victory in
the Bihar Assembly polls in October-November.
"You (ticket aspirants) should not lose heart if the
party ticket does not come your way... you should seek to
translate your support base in masses into votes in order to
ensure the victory of RJD-LJP combine," he said at an open
question-and-answer session with some prospective candidates.
"I have heard your claim for the party ticket and I
assure you all that the most suitable candidates will be given
tickets to contest the polls... now all of you should return
to your constituencies and start electioneering on behalf of
the RJD-LJP alliance, Prasad said.
Stating that the objective of the RJD-led alliance`s
victory at the hustings should be of paramount concern to the
party workers and leaders, Prasad said the rehabilitation of
the committed workers will be taken care of following
formation of his government in the state.
Prasad, who had parted with 75 seats to Ram Vilas
Paswan`s LJP and kept the remaining 168 seats with it, told
his partymen to treat the alliance as one party and
accordingly strive for the victory of all 243 candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon