Lalu backs Shinde`s accusation of BJP, RSS
Patna: RJD president Lalu Prasad on Sunday backed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s accusation that BJP and RSS were conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country.
"He (Shinde) is the Union Home minister. Will he tell a lie?" Prasad asked while talking to reporters after being unanimously elected the party`s president for the eighth time.
Appealing to party workers to take a pledge not to allow "communal forces" assume power at the Centre at any cost, he said his party would make sincere efforts to bring all secular forces together.
Having four MPs in the Lok Sabha, RJD is supporting UPA government at the Centre from outside.
Slamming Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the RJD chief said his party would not seek dismissal of the NDA rule led by Kumar but would defeat it with the help of masses as people were "disillusioned" with the JD(U)-BJP government.
He reminded the people of the statement of Press Council of India Chairman Markanday Katju that the fate of the present dispensation in Bihar was doomed.
He asked Kumar to stick to his statement that he would not seek vote in 2015 assembly elections if he failed to improve electric supply situation in the state.
Prasad announced that his party, which now has 22 MLAs in the 243-member Assembly, would organise a big rally at Gandhi Maidan here on April 7 to sound the bugle of change in the state politics.
All top RJD leaders were present in the convention of the party which adopted resolutions on various issues.
The resolution on economy opposed use of agricultural land for non-farming purposes.
The party demanded raising the number of subsidised LPG cylinders for a family from nine to 12 a year. It advocated for better education and employment opportunity for the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’