Lalu backs Shinde`s accusation of BJP, RSS
Patna: RJD president Lalu Prasad on Sunday backed Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s accusation that BJP and RSS were conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country.
"He (Shinde) is the Union Home minister. Will he tell a lie?" Prasad asked while talking to reporters after being unanimously elected the party`s president for the eighth time.
Appealing to party workers to take a pledge not to allow "communal forces" assume power at the Centre at any cost, he said his party would make sincere efforts to bring all secular forces together.
Having four MPs in the Lok Sabha, RJD is supporting UPA government at the Centre from outside.
Slamming Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, the RJD chief said his party would not seek dismissal of the NDA rule led by Kumar but would defeat it with the help of masses as people were "disillusioned" with the JD(U)-BJP government.
He reminded the people of the statement of Press Council of India Chairman Markanday Katju that the fate of the present dispensation in Bihar was doomed.
He asked Kumar to stick to his statement that he would not seek vote in 2015 assembly elections if he failed to improve electric supply situation in the state.
Prasad announced that his party, which now has 22 MLAs in the 243-member Assembly, would organise a big rally at Gandhi Maidan here on April 7 to sound the bugle of change in the state politics.
All top RJD leaders were present in the convention of the party which adopted resolutions on various issues.
The resolution on economy opposed use of agricultural land for non-farming purposes.
The party demanded raising the number of subsidised LPG cylinders for a family from nine to 12 a year. It advocated for better education and employment opportunity for the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?