Lalu bats for death penalty provision in anti-rape
Ballia (UP): RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday met the family of Delhi gang-rape victim at their native village where he made a strong pitch for strict anti-rape laws with provision for capital punishment.
"Like in Arab countries, strict laws need to be made with provision for capital punishment," Yadav told reporters.
Prasad, however, did not agree with Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s suggestion that the proposed anti-rape law be named after the 23-year-old paramedical student who died after the beastly attack on her on December 16.
The RJD chief said that his party would strongly demand change in rape laws with a provision for death sentence in barbaric cases like the Delhi incident in the coming budget session of parliament.
"We will strongly voice our demand for provision of hanging in cases of rape during the next session of Parliament," Prasad said.
Prasad described the victim as a `brave` girl and said she had left behind some serious questions before society on safety and security of women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000