Lalu bats for Rahul Gandhi as PM candidate
Kolkata: RJD leader Lalu Prasad on Friday batted for Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi to be the prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections, and said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s "dream of becoming PM will never come true".
"Modi`s prime ministerial dream is not going to come true... His dream of coming to Hastinapur will never materialise," he said, retorting, "What is wrong with Rahul Gandhi, tell me?"
Prasad was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a FICCI Ladies Organisation programme here.
A dozen people were being projected as Prime Minister, but it did not mean that they would become the one, he said.
He also ruled out formation of a third front during the Lok Sabha polls in 2014 and said, "I have been in politics for a long time now and I can tell you a third party has never come to power, nor will it ever come to power...
"There will be only two compartments, communal compartment and secular compartment, and the secular compartment will form the government," he said.
Prasad praised Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s leadership and her move for making Manmohan Singh the Prime Minister in 2004.
"She is not a foreigner. She is the daughter-in-law of India. She has proved her large heartedness by refusing the post of prime minister in 2004," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?