Lalu calls for overthrowing `corrupt` NDA govt
Ara: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad slammed Nitish Kumar-headed NDA government for "corruption and misrule" in Bihar and gave a call to the people to overthrow the `tainted` regime.
"The state was reeling under corruption and misrule of the NDA government and the people were fed up with their present political masters and desperately wanted a change of guard," he said while addressing a public meeting at the Qila ground in Jagdishpur town in Bihar`s Bhojpur district.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated alarmingly as reflected in surging figures of crime," Prasad alleged, adding that there was "rampant corruption" in implementation of various development projects and welfare schemes.
Prasad alleged that bureaucrats and police officers were making the calls in day-to-day governance as the political leadership did have not time for governance as they were busy with "looting the public wealth."
The RJD supremo also had a dig at his arch-rival Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for nursing a dream to become the PM of the country one day.
"Kumar nurses a dream to become the PM, but he will not succeed as the people of Bihar has seen thorough his game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'