Lalu calls for overthrowing `corrupt` NDA govt
Ara: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad slammed Nitish Kumar-headed NDA government for "corruption and misrule" in Bihar and gave a call to the people to overthrow the `tainted` regime.
"The state was reeling under corruption and misrule of the NDA government and the people were fed up with their present political masters and desperately wanted a change of guard," he said while addressing a public meeting at the Qila ground in Jagdishpur town in Bihar`s Bhojpur district.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated alarmingly as reflected in surging figures of crime," Prasad alleged, adding that there was "rampant corruption" in implementation of various development projects and welfare schemes.
Prasad alleged that bureaucrats and police officers were making the calls in day-to-day governance as the political leadership did have not time for governance as they were busy with "looting the public wealth."
The RJD supremo also had a dig at his arch-rival Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for nursing a dream to become the PM of the country one day.
"Kumar nurses a dream to become the PM, but he will not succeed as the people of Bihar has seen thorough his game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials