Lalu calls for overthrowing `corrupt` NDA govt
Ara: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad slammed Nitish Kumar-headed NDA government for "corruption and misrule" in Bihar and gave a call to the people to overthrow the `tainted` regime.
"The state was reeling under corruption and misrule of the NDA government and the people were fed up with their present political masters and desperately wanted a change of guard," he said while addressing a public meeting at the Qila ground in Jagdishpur town in Bihar`s Bhojpur district.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated alarmingly as reflected in surging figures of crime," Prasad alleged, adding that there was "rampant corruption" in implementation of various development projects and welfare schemes.
Prasad alleged that bureaucrats and police officers were making the calls in day-to-day governance as the political leadership did have not time for governance as they were busy with "looting the public wealth."
The RJD supremo also had a dig at his arch-rival Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for nursing a dream to become the PM of the country one day.
"Kumar nurses a dream to become the PM, but he will not succeed as the people of Bihar has seen thorough his game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title
- Coal auction to get Rs 3.45 lakh crore; Rs 36k crore saving via DBT: Government
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish