Lalu calls for overthrowing `corrupt` NDA govt
Ara: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad slammed Nitish Kumar-headed NDA government for "corruption and misrule" in Bihar and gave a call to the people to overthrow the `tainted` regime.
"The state was reeling under corruption and misrule of the NDA government and the people were fed up with their present political masters and desperately wanted a change of guard," he said while addressing a public meeting at the Qila ground in Jagdishpur town in Bihar`s Bhojpur district.
"The law and order situation has deteriorated alarmingly as reflected in surging figures of crime," Prasad alleged, adding that there was "rampant corruption" in implementation of various development projects and welfare schemes.
Prasad alleged that bureaucrats and police officers were making the calls in day-to-day governance as the political leadership did have not time for governance as they were busy with "looting the public wealth."
The RJD supremo also had a dig at his arch-rival Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for nursing a dream to become the PM of the country one day.
"Kumar nurses a dream to become the PM, but he will not succeed as the people of Bihar has seen thorough his game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?