Lalu comments on tea seller is a good wish for Modi: Nand Kishore Yadav
Patna: With RJD President Lalu Prasad expressing doubt over Narendra Modi selling tea and claiming himself a "real" tea vendor, senior BJP leader Nand Kishore Yadav today said one thing is clear that even the RJD chief accepts that a tea seller could become Prime Minister.
"Its another thing that he is trying to compete in a race with Narendra Modi by claiming that he is a real tea seller. One thing is clear that even he is emphasising that a tea seller will become Prime Minister of the country," Yadav, who is leader of opposition in the state Legislative Assembly, told PTI.
The reaction also highlights that a humble background of tea seller is not a disadvantage but an asset for winning top constitutional post, he said.
Seeking to turn Prasad`s reaction to his party advantage, Yadav said "since he cannot contest election for 11 years following conviction in a fodder scam case indirectly he is wishing well to Narendra Modi sharing similar background of a tea seller."
Yadav, who has been winning Assembly elections from Patna Sahib seat for five times, himself used to sell tea in a cinema hall in the capital in his student days. His grandfather owned a canteen in a prominent cinema hall of the capital where he used to help him in selling tea and food stuffs during interval time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion