Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP
Patna: Stating that he respected the mandate of the people, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday congratulated Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the victory of the Janata Dal-United, Bharatiya Janata Party combine in the Assembly Elections.
"We respect the mandate of the people, we congratulate the new government," Lalu Prasad said, addressing a joint press conference with LJP leader Ramvilas Paswan.
However, he said he would not congratulate the BJP as he "hates" the party for its communal views.
"We are not discouraged, we will do our duty as the opposition," he said as the results indicated a complete rout for the RJD, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) alliance.
The RJD leader said there was some mystery behind the landslide victory and many seats won were from areas that were not strongholds of either the BJP or the JD(U).
"I am not accusing anyone, but there is some mystery in their victory, we will find out," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state