Lalu equates farmers` stir at Nabi Nagar with Nandigram
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Monday
flayed police lathi-charge against the farmers during protest
against inadequate land acquisition at Nabi Nagar in Bihar`s
Aurangabad district two weeks ago and equated the incident
with `Nandigram` violence in West Bengal four years ago.
Claiming one person was killed in police action at
Nabinagar, Prasad said "the Bihar government should put in
place a proper land acquisition policy to prevent places in
state from becoming Nandigram".
Official sources, however, had confirmed that 25
farmers were injured in police lathicharge at Nabi Nagar
earlier this month.
The RJD supremo flayed the state government for not
acknowledging the farmer`s death due to lathicharge "in order
to deny compensation to the kins of the victim".
The state governmetn should not only provide
compensation to the family of the deceased farmer, but also
provide for adequate compensation to farmers willing to part
with their land for development projects, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt