Lalu equates farmers` stir at Nabi Nagar with Nandigram
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Monday
flayed police lathi-charge against the farmers during protest
against inadequate land acquisition at Nabi Nagar in Bihar`s
Aurangabad district two weeks ago and equated the incident
with `Nandigram` violence in West Bengal four years ago.
Claiming one person was killed in police action at
Nabinagar, Prasad said "the Bihar government should put in
place a proper land acquisition policy to prevent places in
state from becoming Nandigram".
Official sources, however, had confirmed that 25
farmers were injured in police lathicharge at Nabi Nagar
earlier this month.
The RJD supremo flayed the state government for not
acknowledging the farmer`s death due to lathicharge "in order
to deny compensation to the kins of the victim".
The state governmetn should not only provide
compensation to the family of the deceased farmer, but also
provide for adequate compensation to farmers willing to part
with their land for development projects, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read