Lalu escapes unhurt as makeshift platform caves in
Chhapra: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday escaped unhurt when a makeshift wooden platform raised at a Yagna site in Saran district collapsed.
As soon as Prasad and RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav climbed the platform constructed on the occasion of a Maha Rudra Yagna at Madhurup in Saran district it collapsed due to overload, party sources said.
The security personnel intervened and removed Prasad and Yadav from the site.
"I am fine and did not receive any injury in the incident," Prasad told PTI.
The two leaders later addressed the gathering from the same broken platform.
Prasad is a Lok Sabha member from Chhapra constituency which is part of Saran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi