Lalu escapes unhurt as makeshift platform caves in
Chhapra: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday escaped unhurt when a makeshift wooden platform raised at a Yagna site in Saran district collapsed.
As soon as Prasad and RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav climbed the platform constructed on the occasion of a Maha Rudra Yagna at Madhurup in Saran district it collapsed due to overload, party sources said.
The security personnel intervened and removed Prasad and Yadav from the site.
"I am fine and did not receive any injury in the incident," Prasad told PTI.
The two leaders later addressed the gathering from the same broken platform.
Prasad is a Lok Sabha member from Chhapra constituency which is part of Saran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical