Lalu escapes unhurt as makeshift platform caves in
Chhapra: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday escaped unhurt when a makeshift wooden platform raised at a Yagna site in Saran district collapsed.
As soon as Prasad and RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav climbed the platform constructed on the occasion of a Maha Rudra Yagna at Madhurup in Saran district it collapsed due to overload, party sources said.
The security personnel intervened and removed Prasad and Yadav from the site.
"I am fine and did not receive any injury in the incident," Prasad told PTI.
The two leaders later addressed the gathering from the same broken platform.
Prasad is a Lok Sabha member from Chhapra constituency which is part of Saran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?