Lalu escapes unhurt as makeshift platform caves in
Chhapra: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday escaped unhurt when a makeshift wooden platform raised at a Yagna site in Saran district collapsed.
As soon as Prasad and RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav climbed the platform constructed on the occasion of a Maha Rudra Yagna at Madhurup in Saran district it collapsed due to overload, party sources said.
The security personnel intervened and removed Prasad and Yadav from the site.
"I am fine and did not receive any injury in the incident," Prasad told PTI.
The two leaders later addressed the gathering from the same broken platform.
Prasad is a Lok Sabha member from Chhapra constituency which is part of Saran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees