Lalu escapes unhurt as makeshift platform caves in
Chhapra: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday escaped unhurt when a makeshift wooden platform raised at a Yagna site in Saran district collapsed.
As soon as Prasad and RJD Secretary General Ramkripal Yadav climbed the platform constructed on the occasion of a Maha Rudra Yagna at Madhurup in Saran district it collapsed due to overload, party sources said.
The security personnel intervened and removed Prasad and Yadav from the site.
"I am fine and did not receive any injury in the incident," Prasad told PTI.
The two leaders later addressed the gathering from the same broken platform.
Prasad is a Lok Sabha member from Chhapra constituency which is part of Saran district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city