Lalu finds fault in Nitish radio scheme for mahadalits
Sasaram (Bihar): Alleging corruption in the radio scheme by Bihar government for mahadalits, RJD President Lalu Prasad Yadav Wednesday said that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was "befooling" them.
"Nitish is befooling mahadalits in the name of radio and not addressing their core problem," Prasad said addressing "Parivartan yatra" of the party here.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had launched the Mahadalit radio scheme under the Bihar Mahadalit Vikas mission on February 25 this year. He had said radios would make this section aware of popular government schemes like free distribution of uniforms, cycles and mid-day meals started for their socio-economic upliftment.
"The radio purchased at a paltry sum of Rs 150 a piece from Chandni chowk market in Delhi is dubbed as branded and a bill of Rs 3000 per piece raised from the state treasury," he alleged.
To drive home his point, the RJD chief called a mahadalit youth on the stage and asked whether the radio provided to his family was functioning the youth answered in negative.
SC/ST Welfare minister Jitan Ram Manjhi had recently told Assembly that the government has distributed about six lakh radio sets among mahadalits, a sub-group of dalit castes, across the state.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!
- DRT likely to rule on Vijay Mallya’s Diageo package today
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!