Lalu finds fault in Nitish radio scheme for mahadalits
Sasaram (Bihar): Alleging corruption in the radio scheme by Bihar government for mahadalits, RJD President Lalu Prasad Yadav Wednesday said that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was "befooling" them.
"Nitish is befooling mahadalits in the name of radio and not addressing their core problem," Prasad said addressing "Parivartan yatra" of the party here.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had launched the Mahadalit radio scheme under the Bihar Mahadalit Vikas mission on February 25 this year. He had said radios would make this section aware of popular government schemes like free distribution of uniforms, cycles and mid-day meals started for their socio-economic upliftment.
"The radio purchased at a paltry sum of Rs 150 a piece from Chandni chowk market in Delhi is dubbed as branded and a bill of Rs 3000 per piece raised from the state treasury," he alleged.
To drive home his point, the RJD chief called a mahadalit youth on the stage and asked whether the radio provided to his family was functioning the youth answered in negative.
SC/ST Welfare minister Jitan Ram Manjhi had recently told Assembly that the government has distributed about six lakh radio sets among mahadalits, a sub-group of dalit castes, across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- 23-year-old rejected by Indian Army `because he has a Modi tattoo on his chest`
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!