Lalu flays Nitish government
Motihari: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Thursday flayed the Nitish Kumar government for failure on all fronts and claimed that the people have become fed up with prevailing lawlessness, corruption and "domineering attitude of the official machinery" in Bihar.
"Utter lawlessness prevails in Bihar and the people reeling under corruption and taking the path of agitation to press for their rightful demands in the wake of domineering attitude of the official machinery," Prasad told reporters here.
The NDA had come to power by harping on fear of the return of the alleged `jungle raj` during the RJD rule, but the state and its people feel cheated by the present rulers, he said.
Prasad claimed that the panchayati raj institutions have become defunct and the central flagship schemes like the MNREGA and IAY failed to deliver benefits to the loot of public money by the government servants who have swindled the funds and built posh apartments and building.
The state government was begging with the centre to accord special status, but at the same time was incapable of utilising huge funds coming its way for development and welfare, Prasad, who is undertaking mass awareness campaign for the central universities at Gaya and Motihari, said.
The RJD supremo charged the state government with inaction on the CAG report highlighting corruption in various departments and the AC/DC bills scam even as former telecom minister A Raja and DMK MP N Kanimozhi had to go to jail in the 2G spectrum scam busted by the auditor.
Prasad said he will not demand imposition of the President`s rule despite the "failure of the NDA government on all fronts," but strive to mobilise the masses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores