Lalu for Central team to assess destruction in Bihar
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday demanded
the Centre to send an experts` team for an on-the-spot
assessment of the destruction caused by nor`wester storm in
Bihar`s Purnia, Kishanganj, Araria and Supaul districts.
"The Centre should immediately rush a team of experts to
assess the magnitude of the destruction caused by the
nor`wester in these four districts in the Seemanchal belt,"
Lalu told reporters here.
Stating that he would raise the issue in Parliament, the
former chief minister demanded the state government to pay an
ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to bereaved families of each of the
deceased, besides arranging for a government job each to an
eligible member of the affected families.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!