Lalu for Central team to assess destruction in Bihar
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday demanded
the Centre to send an experts` team for an on-the-spot
assessment of the destruction caused by nor`wester storm in
Bihar`s Purnia, Kishanganj, Araria and Supaul districts.
"The Centre should immediately rush a team of experts to
assess the magnitude of the destruction caused by the
nor`wester in these four districts in the Seemanchal belt,"
Lalu told reporters here.
Stating that he would raise the issue in Parliament, the
former chief minister demanded the state government to pay an
ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to bereaved families of each of the
deceased, besides arranging for a government job each to an
eligible member of the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda