Lalu gives Bihar a crash course on poll machine functioning
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday took it upon himself to demonstrate the functioning of EVMs while campaigning for his close aide and Minister Shyam Rajak.
"See the keypad here and the lantern (RJD`s symbol) button and press it aur machinwa boli pi," he said.
Playing the regional card, he said: "Jab jab Lalu kamjor hua hai, tab tab Bihari logo per dusre rajya me atyachar hua hai," (atrocities against people from Bihar in other states increase whenever Lalu`s power is weakened)," he said.
Amid a string of applause and cheer, he urged the villagers to vote for his faction, and highlighted the wrongdoings of the incumbent government.
Meanwhile, a team of Election Commission officials led by Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi took stock of preparedness for the polls.
The fifth phase of polling will be held in 35 seats spread over 8 districts of the state on November 9.
The Election Commission team visited Bhojpur and held discussions with district officials about the deployment of force, location of booths, and sanitization of areas dominated by Maoists to ensure free and fair polls.
In view of this a massive manhunt is on at the possible hideouts of the Maoists. The railway has also stepped up security arrangements in those trains, which are passing through Naxal affected areas.
The first four phases of Bihar polls passed off peacefully.
The State will elect a new 243-seat assembly in a staggered month-long polling in six phases in which over 55 million electorates are expected to cast their franchise.
Counting of votes will take place on November 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack