Lalu gives Bihar a crash course on poll machine functioning
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday took it upon himself to demonstrate the functioning of EVMs while campaigning for his close aide and Minister Shyam Rajak.
"See the keypad here and the lantern (RJD`s symbol) button and press it aur machinwa boli pi," he said.
Playing the regional card, he said: "Jab jab Lalu kamjor hua hai, tab tab Bihari logo per dusre rajya me atyachar hua hai," (atrocities against people from Bihar in other states increase whenever Lalu`s power is weakened)," he said.
Amid a string of applause and cheer, he urged the villagers to vote for his faction, and highlighted the wrongdoings of the incumbent government.
Meanwhile, a team of Election Commission officials led by Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi took stock of preparedness for the polls.
The fifth phase of polling will be held in 35 seats spread over 8 districts of the state on November 9.
The Election Commission team visited Bhojpur and held discussions with district officials about the deployment of force, location of booths, and sanitization of areas dominated by Maoists to ensure free and fair polls.
In view of this a massive manhunt is on at the possible hideouts of the Maoists. The railway has also stepped up security arrangements in those trains, which are passing through Naxal affected areas.
The first four phases of Bihar polls passed off peacefully.
The State will elect a new 243-seat assembly in a staggered month-long polling in six phases in which over 55 million electorates are expected to cast their franchise.
Counting of votes will take place on November 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe