Lalu has surrendered before Paswan: JD-U
Patna: The ruling JD-U in Bihar today said
RJD chief Lalu Prasad has "virtually surrendered" before his
LJP counterpart Ram Vilas Paswan by giving him 75 of the 243
Assembly seats as part of a seat-sharing pact between them.
"The seat-sharing accord reflects that Prasad has
virtually surrendered before LJP, a smaller party," JD-U
national spokesman Shivanand Tiwari said.
He said the accord showed that Prasad had conceded that he
was "no more strong" in Bihar and that "he has to toe the
politics of opportunism for survival". Otherwise, Prasad would
not have conceded so many seats to the LJP, which is bereft of
mass support, he said.
On Paswan`s announcement that Prasad would be the chief
ministerial candidate of the alliance, Tiwari asked where was
the vacancy in Bihar. "People have made up their mind for
giving Kumar a second term for carrying forward the
development of the state," he claimed.
Tiwari also said both Prasad and Paswan had tasted defeat
at the hands of NDA during the Lok Sabha polls in 2009 and
their alliance would once again face "a humiliating defeat" in
the coming Assembly polls.
"People have seen the reign of terror and jungle raj
unleashed during the 15-year-old rule of the Lalu-Rabri duo
and therefore, they will not be committing a mistake again,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India