Lalu has surrendered before Paswan: JD-U
Patna: The ruling JD-U in Bihar today said
RJD chief Lalu Prasad has "virtually surrendered" before his
LJP counterpart Ram Vilas Paswan by giving him 75 of the 243
Assembly seats as part of a seat-sharing pact between them.
"The seat-sharing accord reflects that Prasad has
virtually surrendered before LJP, a smaller party," JD-U
national spokesman Shivanand Tiwari said.
He said the accord showed that Prasad had conceded that he
was "no more strong" in Bihar and that "he has to toe the
politics of opportunism for survival". Otherwise, Prasad would
not have conceded so many seats to the LJP, which is bereft of
mass support, he said.
On Paswan`s announcement that Prasad would be the chief
ministerial candidate of the alliance, Tiwari asked where was
the vacancy in Bihar. "People have made up their mind for
giving Kumar a second term for carrying forward the
development of the state," he claimed.
Tiwari also said both Prasad and Paswan had tasted defeat
at the hands of NDA during the Lok Sabha polls in 2009 and
their alliance would once again face "a humiliating defeat" in
the coming Assembly polls.
"People have seen the reign of terror and jungle raj
unleashed during the 15-year-old rule of the Lalu-Rabri duo
and therefore, they will not be committing a mistake again,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow