Lalu hero to people: Rabri Devi
Ranchi: RJD leader Rabri Devi on Tuesday said her husband and party supremo Lalu Prasad is a hero to the people.
"He is a hero to the party and to the people," Rabri Devi told reporters when her reaction was sought on Lalu`s disqualification from Lok Sabha and his inability to contest elections for 11 years.
She claimed that her husband is a victim of political conspiracy.
Prasad, who is serving a five-year imprisonment after being convicted by a special CBI court, and JD(U) MP from Bihar, Jagdish Sharma were disqualified as Lok Sabha members today following their conviction in the fodder scam.
Both Prasad and Sharma are now at the Birsa Munda Central Jail in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list