Lalu ignored safety aspect as Rly minister: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday accused RJD leader Lalu Prasad of ignoring passenger safety during his tenure as Railway Minister.
"During his five-year tenure as Railway Minister, Prasad virtually ignored the safety of Railways which will definitely cast shadow over his successors at the Rail Bhavan," Kumar told mediapersons here.
Kumar said when he was the Railway Minister, he had laid stress on strengthening the safety of Railways and had decided to adopt the anti-collision devices which were first
introduced in the Konkan Railways.
The device was then introduced in the North Frontier Railways and it helped avoid collision between two trains in 2003, he said.
"It is unfortunate that no safety measures were taken after Prasad took over the charge of Rail Bhavan," Kumar said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over