Lalu ignored safety aspect as Rly minister: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday accused RJD leader Lalu Prasad of ignoring passenger safety during his tenure as Railway Minister.
"During his five-year tenure as Railway Minister, Prasad virtually ignored the safety of Railways which will definitely cast shadow over his successors at the Rail Bhavan," Kumar told mediapersons here.
Kumar said when he was the Railway Minister, he had laid stress on strengthening the safety of Railways and had decided to adopt the anti-collision devices which were first
introduced in the Konkan Railways.
The device was then introduced in the North Frontier Railways and it helped avoid collision between two trains in 2003, he said.
"It is unfortunate that no safety measures were taken after Prasad took over the charge of Rail Bhavan," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog