Lalu is a `tired` man : Sushil Modi
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday hit out at Lalu Prasad for his statement against the NDA government led by Nitish Kumar in Bihar and said that the RJD chief was a `tired` man.
"Lalu has now become old and tired ... He is harping on the old rhetoric without substance ... He doesn`t have strength and capacity to wage a struggle ... He has lost on several scores," Modi told reporters here.
Claiming that he and the chief minister met people braving 45 degree Celsius of scorching summer, Modi said "Lalu Prasad can`t tolerate the temperature and he is speaking about going to the people."
He claimed that the national executive meeting of the RJD held here yesterday was a mere `formality` as Prasad had called to save the recognition of his party by the election commission.
Three senior RJD MPS Jagdanand Singh, Raghuvansh Prasad Singh and Umashankar Singh, besides former chief minister Rabri Devi failed to turn up at the meeting, which he said, "reflected the erosion of faith."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur