Lalu justifies joining twitter; says change is law of nature
Patna: Unfazed by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s snide remark against him for joining twitter, RJD President Lalu Prasad on Sunday said change is the law of nature and one can ignore youth power at own peril.
"Nitish ji badlaw prakiti ka niyam hain. Apke liye badlaw is roop me pahchanana jaroori hain. Aap naye log ko ignore nahi kar sakte hain...Yuva takat hain (Nitish ji change is law of nature. You have to identify this change. You cannot ignore new generation as youth is a big force)," Prasad said in his tweet on the micro blogging site.
In a stern warning to Kumar, Lalu told him to wait and see how wisdom of old and energy of youth would combine through the use of twitter to bring a change in the state.
Taking potshots at his rival for appearing on Twitter, Kumar yesterday, during a function also attended by Lalu, said, "Some people of the old generation are also becoming victim of latest fads of social media,".
"One can understand that it is a fashion among younger generation but its unimaginable that people of older generation have also started practising it ... One should draw a line somewhere," Kumar had said. The Chief Minister has only a blog account.
He had said the dictionary meaning of twitter is sweet chirping of birds in the morning hours, but people, by trying to monopolise it, were trying to transform it into a jarring sound.
The war of words between the two political stalwarts had triggered laughter among the audience, including Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, present at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday