Lalu, Kaiser for CBI probe into MLA killing
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad and Bihar state
Congress president Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser on Wednesday demanded
a CBI probe into the killing of ruling BJP MLA Rajkishore
"The case must be probed thoroughly ... a high-level
inquiry should be held or an independent inquiry or an
investigation by CBI should be ordered to unravel the mystery
behind the killing," Prasad told reporters here.
He said the inquiry should also take into account what
prompted the woman to stab the legislator to death.
"There is something mysterious and it has to be
uncovered," Prasad said.
Kaiser said the woman was alive and it would be in the
interest of the investigation by an agency to go into what
forced her to attack the MLA.
"Be it a probe by a judicial commission or by CBI, the
facts should be brought to light," he said.
He also demanded review of security of the MLAs and MPs
Keshri was stabbed to death allegedly by Rupam Pathak in
full public view at his residence in Purnia yesterday when the
legislator was meeting visitors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress