Lalu, Nitish misleading people in the name of Mandal politics: Upendra Kushwaha
Patna: Union Minister and Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP) leader Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday took on Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar, saying that both of them were trying to "mislead the country in the name of Mandal politics."
"Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar both are trying to mislead the country in the name of Mandal politics. But the public has understood their ploy and will not give them another chance in the elections," said Kushwaha, the Union Minister of State for Rural Development, Panchayat Raj, Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Speaking at a felicitation programme organised for him by Akhil Bharatiya Mahatma Phule Samta Parishad, Kushwaha said, "The Mandal plank cannot be established on the grave of development. It is time for Mandal and development to march forward together."
The Union Minister invoked the people to be aware about their strength and added that nobody could ignore them and they are the power which will form the next government in the state.
The audience and grassroots workers there shouted out Kushwaha`s name as the next Chief Minister of Bihar.
However, not speaking anything about the CM`s post, Kushwaha chose to hit out at his former friend Kumar. He accused him of losing his prestige and allying with Prasad.
"Nitish has done the unthinkable. He is now walking on the same path which he opposed. He shunned his prestige and went on to join Lalu. When I think about him I feel sad about how he has stooped so low, but he is himself responsible for his condition. His downfall has been due to his arrogance," added the RLSP leader.
Kushwaha said RLSP will work for the all-inclusive, holistic development of Bihar and its people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh