Lalu, Nitish misleading people in the name of Mandal politics: Upendra Kushwaha
Patna: Union Minister and Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP) leader Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday took on Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar, saying that both of them were trying to "mislead the country in the name of Mandal politics."
"Lalu Prasad and Nitish Kumar both are trying to mislead the country in the name of Mandal politics. But the public has understood their ploy and will not give them another chance in the elections," said Kushwaha, the Union Minister of State for Rural Development, Panchayat Raj, Drinking Water and Sanitation.
Speaking at a felicitation programme organised for him by Akhil Bharatiya Mahatma Phule Samta Parishad, Kushwaha said, "The Mandal plank cannot be established on the grave of development. It is time for Mandal and development to march forward together."
The Union Minister invoked the people to be aware about their strength and added that nobody could ignore them and they are the power which will form the next government in the state.
The audience and grassroots workers there shouted out Kushwaha`s name as the next Chief Minister of Bihar.
However, not speaking anything about the CM`s post, Kushwaha chose to hit out at his former friend Kumar. He accused him of losing his prestige and allying with Prasad.
"Nitish has done the unthinkable. He is now walking on the same path which he opposed. He shunned his prestige and went on to join Lalu. When I think about him I feel sad about how he has stooped so low, but he is himself responsible for his condition. His downfall has been due to his arrogance," added the RLSP leader.
Kushwaha said RLSP will work for the all-inclusive, holistic development of Bihar and its people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says