Lalu, Nitish take jibes at each other
Rajgir/Patna: RJD leader Lalu Prasad Monday
said Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was behaving like a
"king" by holding Cabinet meeting on a hill at Rajgir, a
charge denied by Kumar.
"Nitish is behaving like a king which is evident from his
five-day sojourn in Rajgir where he will be holding the
first-ever Cabinet meeting on a hill," Prasad said here.
Charging Nitish with "misutilising" public funds by
taking his Cabinet members and officials to Rajgir, the RJD
leader said, "I hope good sense will prevail upon Kumar and
his Cabinet colleagues who will bathe in the hot spring there
and work for welfare of the state instead of seeking
Denying Lalu`s charge, Kumar said he was camping in
Rajgir because of its glorious past and history. "Our mission
is to develop the area into a supreme tourist spot to earn
revenue," he said.
"Taking bath in the hot spring is necessary for none
other than my elder brother Lalu Prasad as it will purify him
from the mistakes he committed during the 15 year-long rule of
RJD," he said.
LJP president Ramvilas Paswan also accused Kumar of
"wasting" public money by holding Cabinet meeting in Rajgir.
The Chief Minister is on a five-day tour of Rajgir area
where the state Cabinet will meet tomorrow at the convention
centre near Stupa of Lord Buddha atop a hill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets