Lalu opposes fuel price hike, seeks rollback
Patna: Opposing the diesel price hike and restriction on subsidised LPG cylinders, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad today said the UPA`s government`s decision was "unfortunate" and sought its reconsideration.
"The decision to hike diesel price and restrict LPG cylinders is unfortunate," Prasad, whose party supports the UPA, told reporters here.
Asking the Centre to reconsider the decision, Prasad said, the fuel price hike would have direct impact on the input cost of farmers besides on price rise and inflation.
Stating that the ruling class should take care of the people and protect their interest, he suggested that the Bihar government reduce VAT rate to alleviate the plight of the common man.
"But it does not think about it," Prasad said.
Meanwhile, the BJP and ally JD(U) took out separate rallies in Patna and burnt effigies of the prime minister and shouted slogans against the Centre.
The protesters led by the state unit BJP chief C P Thakur burnt the effigy of the prime minister at the busy Dak Bungalow roundabout.
JD(U) workers protested in a similar manner at the Income Tax roundabout although none of it prominent leaders were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed