Lalu, Paswan and Nitish doing lip service for Muslims: Anwar
Patna: Nationalist Congress Party leader
Tariq Anwar on Thursday accused RJD chief Lalu Prasad, LJP chief
Ramvilas Paswan and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of being
responsible for removal of the first Muslim chief minister of
the state Abdul Ghafoor.
The three had `ganged up` and ensured the ouster of
Ghafoor within 15 months, Anwar alleged, as they could not
countenance a Muslim chief minister.
Claiming that the three were using Muslims as vote
banks and were `anti-Muslim`, he said they were seeking
minority votes in the upcoming assembly elections.
"The Muslims will teach these leaders a lesson for
taking minority votes for granted," Anwar said.
Charging the ruling NDA and RJD-LJP with hobnobbing
with communal and criminal elements to win the polls, Anwar
said that his party would not give tickets to history sheeters
and those with questionable backgrounds.
"The NCP is a secular party and will not give credence
to history sheeters in selection of party nominees," Anwar
told agency after addressing a meeting of the minority cell of
the party here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened