`Lalu, Paswan should reconsider support to UPA`
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday asked RJD and LJP to reconsider their outside support to the UPA government, saying this was for the first time since Independence that the state has faced such "stark discrimination" in the Rail budget.
"Of the 67 new trains announced in the Rail budget today, only six are for Bihar and out of that five are weekly trains," Modi said.
"Of the 136 new tracks, gauge conversion, doubling and electrification announced in the Rail budget, only one is meant for Bihar," Modi, also a BJP leader, said.
He said considering the utter neglect of Bihar in the Rail budget, RJD chief Lalu Prasad and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan should reconsider their support to the UPA government at the Centre.
Modi said Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal had said 365 pending projects would be taken up in the 12th Five Year plan. "The fate of over two dozen Railway projects announced by Lalu Prasad for Bihar as minister in UPA I government involving an investment of Rs 40,000 crore hangs in balance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa