Lalu Prasad being untruthful: Nitish
Aurangabad: Apparently stung by Lalu Prasad`s charge that he scuttled the special status demand for the state by his predecessor Rabri Devi, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday hit back saying that the RJD chief was being untruthful.
"It generally happens that people swear to speak only the truth ... However, he (Lalu) is an exception to the practice as he always swears to speak only lies," Kumar told a public meeting in Aurangabad during his `Adhikar Yatra` to demand special status for Bihar.
Kumar alleged that the RJD supremo was repeating falsehoods and claimed that Rabri Devi`s demand had fallen flat during NDA rule as she had presented the demand to the Centre without completing formalities at the state level.
He said if Prasad was serious about attaining special status for Bihar then he should have flexed his muscles in the UPA government as was the case with the dissolution of the state legislature in February 2005 for which Prasad allegedly compelled the UPA government to convene a cabinet meeting at midnight to take a decision.
Kumar claimed that the actual reason behind the RJD supremo`s salvos was his unease with development in Bihar which had made him jittery about his political future.
He said that the people of Bihar would not have to go to other states in search of jobs with grant of special status which would boost industrialisation and open up employment opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues