Lalu Prasad being untruthful: Nitish
Aurangabad: Apparently stung by Lalu Prasad`s charge that he scuttled the special status demand for the state by his predecessor Rabri Devi, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday hit back saying that the RJD chief was being untruthful.
"It generally happens that people swear to speak only the truth ... However, he (Lalu) is an exception to the practice as he always swears to speak only lies," Kumar told a public meeting in Aurangabad during his `Adhikar Yatra` to demand special status for Bihar.
Kumar alleged that the RJD supremo was repeating falsehoods and claimed that Rabri Devi`s demand had fallen flat during NDA rule as she had presented the demand to the Centre without completing formalities at the state level.
He said if Prasad was serious about attaining special status for Bihar then he should have flexed his muscles in the UPA government as was the case with the dissolution of the state legislature in February 2005 for which Prasad allegedly compelled the UPA government to convene a cabinet meeting at midnight to take a decision.
Kumar claimed that the actual reason behind the RJD supremo`s salvos was his unease with development in Bihar which had made him jittery about his political future.
He said that the people of Bihar would not have to go to other states in search of jobs with grant of special status which would boost industrialisation and open up employment opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row