Lalu Prasad injured in freak accident
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad was injured in a freak accident on Friday when the windshield of a car he was travelling in broke and glass pieces hit him on the head.
The RJD chief was admitted a Patna hospital for treatment.
As per reports, the incident took place at Kachchi Dargah near Patna when Lalu was going to meet the victims of a fire tragedy in Raghopur.
The windshield cracked when the SUV`s driver braked hard on a pontoon bridge on the Ganga river.
RJD officials said Lalu is fine and the injury is not serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins