Lalu Prasad supports bigger role for Rahul in 2014
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday supported giving a bigger role to Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"This will be a good thing (giving a bigger role to Rahul in 2014 general polls)," Prasad told reporters here.
"Every party projects its leader in elections ... So, what`s wrong if Congress gives bigger role to Rahul Gandhi?" said Prasad whose party supports UPA II government from outside.
To questions about the political experience of Rahul Gandhi, he said "when I had become Chief Minister of Bihar for the first time in 1990, I had no experience ... Everybody learns through experience."
Asked about the possibility of a direct fight between Rahul Gandhi and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the next parliamentary polls, Prasad said "wait everything will be clear soon."
RJD, he said, would join hands with like-minded secular parties to defeat communal forces in 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan