Lalu Prasad supports bigger role for Rahul in 2014
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday supported giving a bigger role to Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"This will be a good thing (giving a bigger role to Rahul in 2014 general polls)," Prasad told reporters here.
"Every party projects its leader in elections ... So, what`s wrong if Congress gives bigger role to Rahul Gandhi?" said Prasad whose party supports UPA II government from outside.
To questions about the political experience of Rahul Gandhi, he said "when I had become Chief Minister of Bihar for the first time in 1990, I had no experience ... Everybody learns through experience."
Asked about the possibility of a direct fight between Rahul Gandhi and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the next parliamentary polls, Prasad said "wait everything will be clear soon."
RJD, he said, would join hands with like-minded secular parties to defeat communal forces in 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report