Lalu Prasad supports bigger role for Rahul in 2014
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday supported giving a bigger role to Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"This will be a good thing (giving a bigger role to Rahul in 2014 general polls)," Prasad told reporters here.
"Every party projects its leader in elections ... So, what`s wrong if Congress gives bigger role to Rahul Gandhi?" said Prasad whose party supports UPA II government from outside.
To questions about the political experience of Rahul Gandhi, he said "when I had become Chief Minister of Bihar for the first time in 1990, I had no experience ... Everybody learns through experience."
Asked about the possibility of a direct fight between Rahul Gandhi and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the next parliamentary polls, Prasad said "wait everything will be clear soon."
RJD, he said, would join hands with like-minded secular parties to defeat communal forces in 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal