Lalu Prasad supports bigger role for Rahul in 2014
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Saturday supported giving a bigger role to Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"This will be a good thing (giving a bigger role to Rahul in 2014 general polls)," Prasad told reporters here.
"Every party projects its leader in elections ... So, what`s wrong if Congress gives bigger role to Rahul Gandhi?" said Prasad whose party supports UPA II government from outside.
To questions about the political experience of Rahul Gandhi, he said "when I had become Chief Minister of Bihar for the first time in 1990, I had no experience ... Everybody learns through experience."
Asked about the possibility of a direct fight between Rahul Gandhi and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the next parliamentary polls, Prasad said "wait everything will be clear soon."
RJD, he said, would join hands with like-minded secular parties to defeat communal forces in 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic