Lalu Prasad wanted black cat cover in jail, court said no
Ranchi: Lalu Prasad wanted to keep his Z-plus security in jail, but the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Ranchi, which convicted him in a fodder scam case yesterday, turned down his plea.
"After his conviction, Yadav had sought the court`s permission to keep his Z-plus security with him, but the court did not permit, it," said additional district magistrate (law and order) and jail the superintendent Dharmendra Pandey.
Z-plus security entitles the former Bihar Chief Minister to cover provided by National Security Guard black cat commandos.
A squad of 30 commandos, with one small team at one time, was deployed for Prasad`s security whenever he travels in any part of the country, after a threat perception analysis favoured such a security ring around him few years ago.
Prasad is also a former union railway minister.
Sources said that a decision to withdraw the commandos could soon be taken as the threat perception to Prasad, who will now be disqualified as a Lok Sabha MP, scales down in view of his conviction and restriction of movement.
Prasad has been lodged at the Birsa Munda Central Jail after his conviction. The court will pronounce sentence via video conference on October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?