Lalu Prasad Yadav admitted to Asian Heart Hospital in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was rushed to a hospital in Mumbai on Monday for `routine check up`.
The 66 year-old leader has been suffering from heart-related ailments and is likely to undergo heart valve replacement surgery, as per a news report.
Lalu is currently under the supervision of renowned heart surgeon Ramakanta Panda in Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
While doctors have reportedly said that there is “nothing to worry”, the next step will be decided after his reports are received later today.
Today is crucial day as the counting of votes is underway for Bihar bypolls in 10 Assembly seats.
RJD entered into alliance with Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) after a long gap to contest jointly on these seats.
The bypolls were held on 10 Assembly seats - Hajipur, Chapra, Mohiuddinagar, Parbatta, Bhagalpur, Rajnagar (SC), Jale, Mohania (SC), Narkatiaganj, Banka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders