Lalu Prasad Yadav admitted to Asian Heart Hospital in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was rushed to a hospital in Mumbai on Monday for `routine check up`.
The 66 year-old leader has been suffering from heart-related ailments and is likely to undergo heart valve replacement surgery, as per a news report.
Lalu is currently under the supervision of renowned heart surgeon Ramakanta Panda in Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
While doctors have reportedly said that there is “nothing to worry”, the next step will be decided after his reports are received later today.
Today is crucial day as the counting of votes is underway for Bihar bypolls in 10 Assembly seats.
RJD entered into alliance with Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) after a long gap to contest jointly on these seats.
The bypolls were held on 10 Assembly seats - Hajipur, Chapra, Mohiuddinagar, Parbatta, Bhagalpur, Rajnagar (SC), Jale, Mohania (SC), Narkatiaganj, Banka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today