Lalu Prasad Yadav admitted to Asian Heart Hospital in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was rushed to a hospital in Mumbai on Monday for `routine check up`.
The 66 year-old leader has been suffering from heart-related ailments and is likely to undergo heart valve replacement surgery, as per a news report.
Lalu is currently under the supervision of renowned heart surgeon Ramakanta Panda in Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
While doctors have reportedly said that there is “nothing to worry”, the next step will be decided after his reports are received later today.
Today is crucial day as the counting of votes is underway for Bihar bypolls in 10 Assembly seats.
RJD entered into alliance with Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) after a long gap to contest jointly on these seats.
The bypolls were held on 10 Assembly seats - Hajipur, Chapra, Mohiuddinagar, Parbatta, Bhagalpur, Rajnagar (SC), Jale, Mohania (SC), Narkatiaganj, Banka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened