Lalu Prasad Yadav admitted to Asian Heart Hospital in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was rushed to a hospital in Mumbai on Monday for `routine check up`.
The 66 year-old leader has been suffering from heart-related ailments and is likely to undergo heart valve replacement surgery, as per a news report.
Lalu is currently under the supervision of renowned heart surgeon Ramakanta Panda in Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
While doctors have reportedly said that there is “nothing to worry”, the next step will be decided after his reports are received later today.
Today is crucial day as the counting of votes is underway for Bihar bypolls in 10 Assembly seats.
RJD entered into alliance with Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) after a long gap to contest jointly on these seats.
The bypolls were held on 10 Assembly seats - Hajipur, Chapra, Mohiuddinagar, Parbatta, Bhagalpur, Rajnagar (SC), Jale, Mohania (SC), Narkatiaganj, Banka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion