Lalu Prasad Yadav admitted to Asian Heart Hospital in Mumbai
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was rushed to a hospital in Mumbai on Monday for `routine check up`.
The 66 year-old leader has been suffering from heart-related ailments and is likely to undergo heart valve replacement surgery, as per a news report.
Lalu is currently under the supervision of renowned heart surgeon Ramakanta Panda in Asian Heart Institute (AHI).
While doctors have reportedly said that there is “nothing to worry”, the next step will be decided after his reports are received later today.
Today is crucial day as the counting of votes is underway for Bihar bypolls in 10 Assembly seats.
RJD entered into alliance with Nitish Kumar`s JD(U) after a long gap to contest jointly on these seats.
The bypolls were held on 10 Assembly seats - Hajipur, Chapra, Mohiuddinagar, Parbatta, Bhagalpur, Rajnagar (SC), Jale, Mohania (SC), Narkatiaganj, Banka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights