Lalu Prasad Yadav not to celebrate Chhath festival in jail
Ranchi: Former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad will not observe Chhath puja in jail, officials said on Thursday.
The Rashtriya Janata Dal chief has not kept a fast and has not asked for any material for the religious rituals, D Pradahan, jail superintendent of Birsa Munda central jail here, told a news agency.
Lalu usually keeps fast during Chhath puja and performs the rituals every year. This year, however, he is currently lodged in Ranchi jail after being convicted in the fodder scam and jailed for five years by a special CBI court last month.
"Today (Thursday) he has taken his meals and we have no information about him performing Chhath puja. Till now, no puja material has been demanded," he said.
Lalu has turned into a gardener in jail and is paid Rs 14 every day.
"He looks after the gardening here," Pradhan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming