Lalu Prasad Yadav offers puja inside jail
Ranchi: Jailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad is observing Navratra inside Birsa Munda Central Jail and has offered his puja inside it.
"Yes, he is offering puja inside the jail,” its superintendent Virendra Kumar Singh said to a query.
Today is the fourth day of the Navratra, the nine-day festival which culminates in Vijaya Dashami or Dusshera.
RJD Jharkhand unit spokesman Manoj Kumar said Prasad observes Navratra every year and offered puja this year too.
Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh and Rural Development Minister Chandra Sekhar Dubey were among the leaders who met Prasad during the visiting hours, the jail official said.
Yadav was sentenced to five years` prison term on October 3 by a Special CBI court in a case relating to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury in the fodder scam during his regime in the 1990s.
Another former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra and 43 others, including IAS officers, were also found guilty in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti