Lalu Prasad Yadav offers puja inside jail
Ranchi: Jailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad is observing Navratra inside Birsa Munda Central Jail and has offered his puja inside it.
"Yes, he is offering puja inside the jail,” its superintendent Virendra Kumar Singh said to a query.
Today is the fourth day of the Navratra, the nine-day festival which culminates in Vijaya Dashami or Dusshera.
RJD Jharkhand unit spokesman Manoj Kumar said Prasad observes Navratra every year and offered puja this year too.
Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh and Rural Development Minister Chandra Sekhar Dubey were among the leaders who met Prasad during the visiting hours, the jail official said.
Yadav was sentenced to five years` prison term on October 3 by a Special CBI court in a case relating to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury in the fodder scam during his regime in the 1990s.
Another former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra and 43 others, including IAS officers, were also found guilty in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing