Lalu Prasad Yadav offers puja inside jail
Ranchi: Jailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad is observing Navratra inside Birsa Munda Central Jail and has offered his puja inside it.
"Yes, he is offering puja inside the jail,” its superintendent Virendra Kumar Singh said to a query.
Today is the fourth day of the Navratra, the nine-day festival which culminates in Vijaya Dashami or Dusshera.
RJD Jharkhand unit spokesman Manoj Kumar said Prasad observes Navratra every year and offered puja this year too.
Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh and Rural Development Minister Chandra Sekhar Dubey were among the leaders who met Prasad during the visiting hours, the jail official said.
Yadav was sentenced to five years` prison term on October 3 by a Special CBI court in a case relating to illegal withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa treasury in the fodder scam during his regime in the 1990s.
Another former Bihar chief minister Jagannath Mishra and 43 others, including IAS officers, were also found guilty in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145