Lalu Prasad Yadav`s book to `expose big names in politics`
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad plans to write a book to expose his rivals.
"I have decided to write a book to expose those who conspired to frame me in fodder scam and sent me to jail," Lalu Prasad told media persons here.
"My book will also reveal a few interesting aspects of Indian politics, including the 1974 student movemement against Emergency as I was part of it under the leadership of socialist veteran Jai Prakash Narain," he said.
Lalu Prasad said he was made a political victim of propaganda by powerful people, who were threatened by his commitment for social justice.
"My book will be full of real stories and different political ups and downs of over four decades in Bihar and the country. It will also expose big names in politics on how they rose to the peak of power politics," Lalu said.
He hinted that he will start writing the book after the General Elections as he is currently busy forming a strong secular alliance with the Congress and the Lok Janshakti Party to take on communal forces.
Lalu Prasad was forced to resign as chief minister in 1997 after he was framed in a fodder scam and his wife Rabri Devi succeeded him as the Bihar chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?