Lalu Prasad Yadav`s book to `expose big names in politics`
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad plans to write a book to expose his rivals.
"I have decided to write a book to expose those who conspired to frame me in fodder scam and sent me to jail," Lalu Prasad told media persons here.
"My book will also reveal a few interesting aspects of Indian politics, including the 1974 student movemement against Emergency as I was part of it under the leadership of socialist veteran Jai Prakash Narain," he said.
Lalu Prasad said he was made a political victim of propaganda by powerful people, who were threatened by his commitment for social justice.
"My book will be full of real stories and different political ups and downs of over four decades in Bihar and the country. It will also expose big names in politics on how they rose to the peak of power politics," Lalu said.
He hinted that he will start writing the book after the General Elections as he is currently busy forming a strong secular alliance with the Congress and the Lok Janshakti Party to take on communal forces.
Lalu Prasad was forced to resign as chief minister in 1997 after he was framed in a fodder scam and his wife Rabri Devi succeeded him as the Bihar chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account