Lalu promises to regularise service of contractual teachers
Katihar: Reaching out to contractual teachers in Bihar, who protested against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` last month demanding regularisation of service, RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday promised them jobs if returned to power in the next assembly elections.
"I will ensure regularisation of the service of lakhs of contractual teachers if RJD comes back to power in Bihar," Prasad told a public meeting here during his `Parivartan yatra`.
The chief minister had expressed his government`s financial inability to meet the demand for regularisation of the service of the 2.5 lakh contractual teachers in Bihar.
At one instance Kumar was so perturbed by slogan shouting by contractual teachers that he vowed not to consider their demand at any cost.
Seeking to galvanise his core constituents - Muslims and Yadavs - the RJD supremo alleged that many Muslim youths from Bihar were being framed falsely in terror cases in others states and the chief minister was not protesting it.
Prasad also questioned Kumar`s secular credentials and claimed he was sitting in the lap of BJP and RSS for sake of power.
Raising the issue of price rise, he said potato used to cost Rs two per kg during RJD rule against Rs 22 during Kumar`s `sushasan` (good governance) now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown