Lalu promises to regularise service of contractual teachers
Katihar: Reaching out to contractual teachers in Bihar, who protested against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` last month demanding regularisation of service, RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday promised them jobs if returned to power in the next assembly elections.
"I will ensure regularisation of the service of lakhs of contractual teachers if RJD comes back to power in Bihar," Prasad told a public meeting here during his `Parivartan yatra`.
The chief minister had expressed his government`s financial inability to meet the demand for regularisation of the service of the 2.5 lakh contractual teachers in Bihar.
At one instance Kumar was so perturbed by slogan shouting by contractual teachers that he vowed not to consider their demand at any cost.
Seeking to galvanise his core constituents - Muslims and Yadavs - the RJD supremo alleged that many Muslim youths from Bihar were being framed falsely in terror cases in others states and the chief minister was not protesting it.
Prasad also questioned Kumar`s secular credentials and claimed he was sitting in the lap of BJP and RSS for sake of power.
Raising the issue of price rise, he said potato used to cost Rs two per kg during RJD rule against Rs 22 during Kumar`s `sushasan` (good governance) now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks