Lalu, Rabri harsh on Sadhu Yadav; BJP trashes propping him
Patna: RJD president Lalu Prasad and wife reacted bitterly to Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav announcement to challenge Rabri Devi as an Independent in Saran even as BJP on Wednesday rubbished propping him up for political gains.
"We do not bother who is fighting from where," Prasad told reporters when asked about Sadhu Yadav candidature.
"There will be no trace of such elements in poll at Saran. Nobody will ask about them," he said.
Rabri Devi also expressed anger against her brother Sadhu Yadav saying there could be no compromise with "dushman" (enemy).
"Dushman ko nahi manayege (we will not appease enemy)...People of Saran will teach him a lesson," she told reporters in course of campaign in Saran.
Tej Pratap pooh poohed challenge posed to his mother from his maternal uncle.
"He is doing this for cheap publicity...He will come last in the election at Saran," Tej Pratap, who is accompanying his mother told reporters.
Announcement of Sadhu Yadav to enter into fray from Saran seat as an Independent came as a surprise. He was considered a power centre when Rabri Devi was chief minister of Bihar when Lalu Prasad was in jail in 1997 in a fodder scam case.
Meanwhile, BJP has trashed report that it had propped up up Sadhu Yadav to gain politically.
"Rabri could not control his own brother Sadhu Yadav from contesting against her & blaming BJP for his candidature," former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi said in his tweet message on micro blogging site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead