Lalu, Rabri will never reform: Nitish
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar sarcastically remarked against his predecessor Rabri Devi for calling him `dishonest and thief,” saying that they will never reform
"Hum aise hain aise hi rahenge kabhi nahin sudharenge (we are like this, we will remain like this, we will never reform)", he said addressing an election meeting in Rajvanshi Nagar to canvas support for BJP nominee Nitin Navin from Bankipore assembly constituency.
Kumar lambasted the Lalu-Rabri duo for seeking to project themselves as "reformed persons".
"People know what are they... and what they used to be earlier and will continue to remain and will never reform", Kumar commented.
Former Chief Minister Rabri Devi had yesterday called Nitish Kumar "dishonest and thief".
"Nitish Kumar beiman aur chor hai, iske raj ko khatma karna hai (Nitish is dishonest and a thief, his government should be thrown out)," Rabri Devi said while castigating Chief Minister Kumar for allegedly forestalling an inquiry into the CAG report that highlighted irregularities in execution of development schemes worth more than Rs 11,400 crore.
Reacting to her comment, BJP General Secretary Ravishankar Prasad said "her remark has not surprised us."
"You know from the school of thought they belong to and it is always expected from the couple... but at least I will like to advise Rabri Devi to at least have decency as she was a Chief Minister of the state", he said while seeking to ridicule her personal remark against Kumar.
RJD president Lalu Prasad, in course of electioneering, did not miss an opportunity to impress the people that he was "a reformed person" and given a chance, he would work for changing the face of Bihar like the magic that made the Railways achieve the turnaround.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video