`Lalu Raj` has returned in Bihar: Rajnath Singh
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has relinquished his moral authority to continue in office after steering the state back into the days of "Lalu Raj", BJP on Tuesday said.
"An anarchy-like situation has been created within a month of JD(U)`s split with BJP... It appears that `Lalu Raj` has returned in Bihar," BJP national president Rajnath Singh said at a function.
Singh`s reference was to the pejorative term `jungle raj`, which RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav`s political rivals had used to run down his party`s 15-year rule in Bihar between 1990 and 2005.
"A government functions on moral power and not on brute police strength," he said and slammed the alleged police firing in Bagaha last month that claimed the lives of six Tharu tribals while injuring scores others.
The CM has no moral right to stay in power after the case of police firing on peaceful tribal people, the BJP president said.
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, who was present on the occasion, too, expressed disappointment at JD(U)`s snapping ties with NDA and asked BJP workers to strive hard to ensure the party won power on its own in the next Assembly polls in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?