Lalu rules out post-poll pact with Congress
Patna: A day after RJD leader Raghuvansh
Prasad Singh said his party might seek the support of Congress after the Bihar Assembly polls, Lalu Prasad Tuesday ruled out
any such possibility.
"I rule out any possibility of a post-poll pact with
the Congress to form the government. There is no possibility
of the RJD seeking support of Congress to form a government in
case of a hung assembly," the RJD chief said.
"We are going to pull off a spectacular victory and
form a government on our own," he said.
Asked about the party vice-president`s statement
yesterday, Prasad said, "There is no truth in that. I have
spoken to Singh. He has denied having made such a statement."
Reacting to Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s
observation on Monday that Bihar had failed to develop in past
20 years due to the misrule of the successive governments, the
RJD chief said, "If that is so, the Congress should remember
it was part of the 15-year-old RJD government for long. It
proves that Congress also failed to initiate development measures."
The Congress leaders, he said, were indulging in a
blamegame as they had nothing new to say during the election
Prasad accused the Congress of contesting all the 243
seats for the benefit of the NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!