Lalu rules out post-poll pact with Congress
Patna: A day after RJD leader Raghuvansh
Prasad Singh said his party might seek the support of Congress after the Bihar Assembly polls, Lalu Prasad Tuesday ruled out
any such possibility.
"I rule out any possibility of a post-poll pact with
the Congress to form the government. There is no possibility
of the RJD seeking support of Congress to form a government in
case of a hung assembly," the RJD chief said.
"We are going to pull off a spectacular victory and
form a government on our own," he said.
Asked about the party vice-president`s statement
yesterday, Prasad said, "There is no truth in that. I have
spoken to Singh. He has denied having made such a statement."
Reacting to Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s
observation on Monday that Bihar had failed to develop in past
20 years due to the misrule of the successive governments, the
RJD chief said, "If that is so, the Congress should remember
it was part of the 15-year-old RJD government for long. It
proves that Congress also failed to initiate development measures."
The Congress leaders, he said, were indulging in a
blamegame as they had nothing new to say during the election
Prasad accused the Congress of contesting all the 243
seats for the benefit of the NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha