Lalu should become RJD president for lifetime at once : Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Taking a potshot at RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Tuesday said he should make himself the lifetime president of his party at once instead of seeking renewal of his term from time to time.
"What is the need for Lalu Prasad to seek renewal of his term as the RJD supremo from time to time? ... He should get himself elected as the lifetime president at once to put an end to futile democratic ritual of his re-election," the BJP leader told reporters.
Flaying Prasad for running his party in a dictatorial style, Modi said his recent re-election as RJD national president for the eighth time has proved that there were no other worthy leaders to replace him and whom he could trust enough to hand over the reigns of the party.
On Lalu`s claim that the days of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar-led NDA government were numbered in view of impressive attendance at his `Parivartan yatra` in Bihar recently, the senior BJP leader said he was nursing a false hope about his rehabilitation as a political force in the state again.
"The RJD chief should be clear in his mind that the people of Bihar will never vote him back to power given their bitter experience of over 15 years," Modi said, adding that the RJD leader`s misgivings about resurrection of his political fortunes will be put in place sooner than later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Gareth Southgate set to become the new England manager on temporary basis
- Jumbo takes flight! Eight key quotes from Anil Kumble's first press conference as India coach
- 7th pay panel will bring historic salary rise: Jaitley
- 'Gumnami Baba' was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose? UP govt constitutes judicial panel to probe
- Porsche launches new 911 model priced up to Rs 2.66 cr