Lalu slams Nitish for corruption, rape incidents
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday launched a scathing attack against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for rampant corruption, bribery and rising incidents of rape in the state and said he would throw him out of power in the next elections.
"People of the state are looking for a change (parivartan) and the RJD will oust Nitish Kumar from power," Lalu Prasad said at a parivartan rally of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) at Gandhi Maidan in Patna.
Lalu Prasad said people were tired of the Nitish Kumar government`s misrule, corruption, bribery and rising rape cases.
"It is clear from the unexpected response of the people who have gathered here to borough a change, that RJD will defeat Nitish Kumar. It is a beginning of the end of Nitish Kumar`s government," Lalu Prasad said.
He accused Nitish Kumar of promoting and encouraging corruption and bribery. "It is a well-known fact that bribery has increased like never before and people are hit by it," he said.
"Nitish Kumar is a parrot of the RSS and communal forces have become stronger during his rule," the RJD chief said.
He said he would give 50 percent of party tickets to youths to contest elections and will regularise 2.5 lakh contractual school teachers if his party forms the next government in Bihar.
The rally was also addressed by other party leaders, including Lalu Prasad`s wife and former chief minister Rabri Devi.
Contrary to speculations, the RJD chief did not launch his sons Tejasvi Yadav and Tej Pratap at the rally, though they were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!