Lalu slams Nitish for corruption, rape incidents
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday launched a scathing attack against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for rampant corruption, bribery and rising incidents of rape in the state and said he would throw him out of power in the next elections.
"People of the state are looking for a change (parivartan) and the RJD will oust Nitish Kumar from power," Lalu Prasad said at a parivartan rally of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) at Gandhi Maidan in Patna.
Lalu Prasad said people were tired of the Nitish Kumar government`s misrule, corruption, bribery and rising rape cases.
"It is clear from the unexpected response of the people who have gathered here to borough a change, that RJD will defeat Nitish Kumar. It is a beginning of the end of Nitish Kumar`s government," Lalu Prasad said.
He accused Nitish Kumar of promoting and encouraging corruption and bribery. "It is a well-known fact that bribery has increased like never before and people are hit by it," he said.
"Nitish Kumar is a parrot of the RSS and communal forces have become stronger during his rule," the RJD chief said.
He said he would give 50 percent of party tickets to youths to contest elections and will regularise 2.5 lakh contractual school teachers if his party forms the next government in Bihar.
The rally was also addressed by other party leaders, including Lalu Prasad`s wife and former chief minister Rabri Devi.
Contrary to speculations, the RJD chief did not launch his sons Tejasvi Yadav and Tej Pratap at the rally, though they were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof