Lalu slams Nitish`s rant on special status
Patna: The RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Wednesday slammed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for saying that he will support any party to form government after next general elections if it gives special status to Bihar and said that the latter has been changing colour like a `chameleon` on the issue.
"Kumar`s statement is nothing more than a political stunt (rajnitik sagufa) to stay in limelight...If he has been so consistent on the special status issue, then why did he not pursue to logical conclusion a similar demand made by the then RJD-led government," he told reporters.
"The Chief Minister has been changing colour like a chameleon on the special status issue," Prasad quipped.
The RJD supremo recalled that Kumar, then the union minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, had summarily rejected special status demand as the convenor of a committee set up the then NDA government to look into such a demand made by the RJD-led government following bifurcation of Bihar.
Kumar had then said that there was no need for special status to Bihar post-bifurcation and said that the special package was suffice but now he has changed stand and was himself pressing for similar demand, Prasad claimed.
Another RJD leader and MP Ramkripal Yadav also attacked Kumar on the special status issue and said that the latter was a confused person due to his inconsistent stand on the issue over the years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened