Lalu to continue efforts to engage Paswan
Patna: RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Tuesday said he will continue his efforts to engage Ram Vilas Paswan amid speculation that the LJP chief was warming up toward the BJP-led NDA.
"I will continue my sincere efforts to speak to Paswan and discuss with him about formation of an Congress-RJD-LJP alliance for the general elections," Prasad told reporters here.
He said that he had made sincere efforts in recent days to speak to his LJP counterpart without success and would continue to do so.
The RJD chief stonewalled all controversial questions related to the LJP President and his son.
Asked about his reaction on the CBI proposing to question Paswan in the Bokaro Steel Plant recruitment scam, Prasad said "I will rather not say anything on the issue."
On Paswan`s son Chirag saying that the BJP prime ministerial hopeful Narendra Modi was exonerated by the SIT in the Gujarat 2002 riots, Prasad refused to join issue.
He also slammed senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi saying "Modi is a vicious person who is trying to trying to create a wedge between Paswan and the UPA government by indulging in falsehood."
Prasad alleged it was the Bihar chief minister and his deputy who had worked to keep Paswan castemen out of the broad Mahadalit communities in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President