Lalu to forge alliance of secular forces
Patna: RJD President Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said Congress chief Sonia Gandhi had expressed her greetings after his release from jail and pledged to work hard to forge an alliance of secular parties to drive away communal forces.
"Congress President Sonia Gandhi had telephoned me after my release from Ranchi jail. She graciously extended greetings to me and expressed happiness over my release," Prasad told reporters here.
The RJD chief said now that he is out on bail, talks on alliance with secular parties for the next elections would be initiated.
Speculations are rife here about a possible tie-up of RJD, LJP and Congress.
Prasad expressed gratitude to CPI-ML General Secretary Deepankar Bhattacharya for speaking against "injustice" meted out to him due to which he had to go to jail in a fodder scam case.
"It is rare among politicians to stand for others and criticise injustice selflessly... Deepankar Bhattacharya is a political man and showed uprightness by expressing sympathy for me," he said indicating RJD proximity to CPI-ML which enjoys considerable support particularly in the central Bihar.
Prasad, who reached home around midnight from Ranchi after release from jail in a fodder scam case, said though he has been debarred from "Sansad" (Parliament) as per new rules, but he would go to "Jan Sansad" (People`s Parliament) to drive away communal forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened